The applications for this position are now closed.
Title: Membership programming manager, LION Publishers
Benefits: Eligible for benefits.
Job description: If you’re passionate about connecting entrepreneurs with training, resources and community to build sustainable news businesses, we’d love to hear from you.
Over the past year, LION Publishers has evolved into an association serving aspiring and existing news entrepreneurs in the U.S. and Canada, and has helped launch a suite of programs including the Google News Initiative Startups Program and the Tiny News Collective. We’ve also experimented with members-only programming and offerings and want to hire a membership programming manager to help lead that work.
Here’s what we anticipate your responsibilities to be:
Provide our members with support and resources
- Help design and curate members-only programming, including one-off webinars, curriculum and classes
- Share resources and opportunities for our members across our communications channels
- Be responsive to members’ suggestions and questions for future programming and resources ideas
Serve as the primary liaison between LION’s team and its existing and prospective members
- Evaluate and approve new member applications
- Welcome new members into our community
- Answer prospective and existing member questions about LION
- Recruit new LION members
Promote our members’ work
- Help source story ideas about our members and ways of promoting their work
- Write our weekly newsletter member kudos section
- Run our annual LION awards program
Share member insights to shape LION’s work
- Analyze existing membership data and other qualitative insights we learn from members and share them with our team and external stakeholders
A bit more about our team:
- Since we are remote and fully distributed, we rely heavily on transparency, clear communication and trust across our team.
- We’ve grown from a team of three to six in less than a year, and anticipate more growth next year. This means we need someone who is excited by change and can remain flexible throughout it.
- We are passionate about giving news entrepreneurs the resources they need to succeed, and we expect everyone on our team to always center these aspiring entrepreneurs and our current members in our work.
This is a grant-funded position and you’ll report to deputy director Anika Anand.
Submit your application using this form by January 10, 2021.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
LION Publishers encourages applications from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented communities. We desire to build an organization and grow a membership that welcomes and encourages participation from all interested individuals.