On September 30, 2011, during the Block by Block conference at Loyola University Chicago, 21 local independent online publishers from across the United States voted to form an association.
A steering committee was appointed to further organize the association.
Questions should be directed to Dylan Smith, chairman of the Board of Directors of LION Publishers, at [email protected].
- Ned Berke, Sheepsheadbites.com
- Brandy Tuzon Boyd, NatomasBuzz.com
- Virgina Citrano, MyVeronaNJ.com
- Adrienne Fawcett, GazeboNews.com
- Mike Fourcher, Brownlinemedia.com
- Debbie Galant, Baristanet.com
- Darren Hillock, WestofTheI.com
- Ikaika Hussey, HawaiiIndependent.net
- Jeremy Iggers, TCDailyPlanet.net
- Ben Ilfeld, SacramentoPress.com
- Krystal Knapp, PlanetPrinceton.com
- Polly Kreisman, TheLoopNY.com
- Emily Lowrey, Magic City Post
- Charlotte Anne Lucas, NowcastSA.org
- La Risa Lynch, NeighborhoodScribe.com
- Susan Mernit, OaklandLocal.com
- Howard Owens, TheBatavian.com
- Jesus Sanchez, TheEastSiderLA.com
- Patrick Sand, WestSeattleBlog.com
- Amy Senk, CoronaDelMarToday.com
- Dylan Smith, TucsonSentinel.com
- John T. Ward, RedBankGreen.com
- Teresa Wippel, MyEdmondsNews.com
Adding more staff isn’t the only way to lessen your workload
Four insights we took away from analyzing 100 Sustainability Audits from independent news businesses.
Meet LION’s Fall 2023 Community Ambassadors
These independent news leaders will connect with other independent publishers across the U.S.
Introducing LION’s Stages of Sustainability
Our data-informed maturity model maps the growth path of independent news businesses.