On September 30, 2011, during the Block by Block conference at Loyola University Chicago, 21 local independent online publishers from across the United States voted to form an association.
A steering committee was appointed to further organize the association.
Questions should be directed to Dylan Smith, chairman of the Board of Directors of LION Publishers, at [email protected].
- Ned Berke, Sheepsheadbites.com
- Brandy Tuzon Boyd, NatomasBuzz.com
- Virgina Citrano, MyVeronaNJ.com
- Adrienne Fawcett, GazeboNews.com
- Mike Fourcher, Brownlinemedia.com
- Debbie Galant, Baristanet.com
- Darren Hillock, WestofTheI.com
- Ikaika Hussey, HawaiiIndependent.net
- Jeremy Iggers, TCDailyPlanet.net
- Ben Ilfeld, SacramentoPress.com
- Krystal Knapp, PlanetPrinceton.com
- Polly Kreisman, TheLoopNY.com
- Emily Lowrey, Magic City Post
- Charlotte Anne Lucas, NowcastSA.org
- La Risa Lynch, NeighborhoodScribe.com
- Susan Mernit, OaklandLocal.com
- Howard Owens, TheBatavian.com
- Jesus Sanchez, TheEastSiderLA.com
- Patrick Sand, WestSeattleBlog.com
- Amy Senk, CoronaDelMarToday.com
- Dylan Smith, TucsonSentinel.com
- John T. Ward, RedBankGreen.com
- Teresa Wippel, MyEdmondsNews.com
What our independent news experts learned from auditing 75 news businesses
Takeaways from the LION-GNI Sustainability Audits and Funding program
How to measure and market your impact ft. Angie Cirone and Anjanette Delgado
A LION conversation about telling your newsroom’s story, hosted by Outlier Media executive director Candice Fortman.
3 fundraising myths that could be holding your news business back
How measuring and marketing your impact can help you make the most of fundraising season, even as a for–profit publisher.