Google will redesign the ads on five LION sites for free; here’s how to apply
Introducing the Google Ad Accelerator Program, exclusively for LION Publishers. Yes, that’s right: We are partnering with Google to launch
Introducing the Google Ad Accelerator Program, exclusively for LION Publishers.
Yes, that’s right: We are partnering with Google to launch an advertising accelerator program, just for our members. Google will be working with five LION member sites, which will receive hands-on development and consulting services. These publishers will work closely in a ‘lab’ format with the Google team, as well as Google’s WordPress agency partner, to implement a number of site and ad strategies to help improve monetization performance and overall user engagement.
Some of the activities that they may assist with include updating ad layouts with a focus on viewability, optimizing page loading speed, helping to develop Accelerated Mobile Pages, etc. Publishers will also receive consulting support for their websites for one year, post-engagement. Google and the agency partner will cover all costs including that year of post-engagement support.
- We welcome applications to this program by filling out this application form. Please fill it out and send it in PDF to [email protected] before the close of business on July 21. Ideal candidates meet the following criteria:
- Have an active WordPress site
- Are looking to grow programmatic ad revenue / business development
- Have a dedicated contact who is willing to meet with Google and their agency vendor on a weekly basis over a 3 month period
- Willing to share the impact of the engagement through a whitepaper/case study
- Serve underrepresented communities (preferable)
Please send any questions you may have to [email protected]. And get those applications in!
Executive Director, LION Publishers
Vice Chair, LION Publishers
Vice President of Business Development and Partner, Noozhawk.com, Santa Barbara, CA
LION is looking for coaches with experience in financial management and operations
Coaches will work with independent news businesses to strengthen their systems for managing risk and uncertainty.
LION is hiring a Data Systems Associate
We’re looking for a full-time Data Systems Associate to support LION’s daily operations.
Apply for the 2022 LION Publishers Local Journalism Awards
Apply by July 10 for recognition at the fourth-annual LION Awards, celebrated at the Independent News Sustainability Summit.