On Friday, April 3 we hosted a 60-minute Zoom call, “How to manage your local news business in the face of a pandemic,” led by media consultants Tim Griggs and Ryan Tuck. We wrote about three takeaways from the webinar, and Nieman Lab published this summary.
In this webinar you’ll learn about:
- Business scenario planning
- How to understand your financial standing
- Expense controls and revenue levers
- How to take advantage of the audience opportunity
- Inspiration from other local news publishers
Watch the talk and view the resources from the webinar below:
- You can view the slides from the presentation here
- Also read this Google Doc outline of resources and recommendations
Thanks to our sponsor Web Publisher PRO.
Also, if you are a local, independent, digitally native news publication in the U.S. and Canada, tell us about your business so we can include you in our soon-to-be-launched public database, as part of our Project Oasis initiative.
How to make “solutions journalism” part of your revenue strategy
What Flint Beat and other independent news publishers have learned about branding and monetizing their solutions journalism
Andrew Rockway joins LION Publishers as our first full-time program manager
Andrew most recently worked at the American Press Institute, where he managed the Trusted Elections Network.
LION’s values and how you can hold us accountable to them
We’ve revised our organizational values and want you to tell us whether we’re living up to them.