On Friday, April 3 we hosted a 60-minute Zoom call, “How to manage your local news business in the face of a pandemic,” led by media consultants Tim Griggs and Ryan Tuck. We wrote about three takeaways from the webinar, and Nieman Lab published this summary.
In this webinar you’ll learn about:
- Business scenario planning
- How to understand your financial standing
- Expense controls and revenue levers
- How to take advantage of the audience opportunity
- Inspiration from other local news publishers
Watch the talk and view the resources from the webinar below:
- You can view the slides from the presentation here
- Also read this Google Doc outline of resources and recommendations
Thanks to our sponsor Web Publisher PRO.
Also, if you are a local, independent, digitally native news publication in the U.S. and Canada, tell us about your business so we can include you in our soon-to-be-launched public database, as part of our Project Oasis initiative.
Buy an early bird ticket for the 2024 Independent News Sustainability Summit in Chicago
Members who purchase an early bird ticket will be entered to win a raffle for a free hotel room upgrade.
Become a LION community ambassador to help connect and support independent news publishers
Community ambassadors will facilitate connections and community-building with fellow LION members.
43 LION members selected for Sustainability Audit’s 2024 February-April cycle
Publishers will receive expert guidance and $20,000 in direct funding.