On Friday, April 3 we hosted a 60-minute Zoom call, “How to manage your local news business in the face of a pandemic,” led by media consultants Tim Griggs and Ryan Tuck. We wrote about three takeaways from the webinar, and Nieman Lab published this summary.
In this webinar you’ll learn about:
- Business scenario planning
- How to understand your financial standing
- Expense controls and revenue levers
- How to take advantage of the audience opportunity
- Inspiration from other local news publishers
Watch the talk and view the resources from the webinar below:
- You can view the slides from the presentation here
- Also read this Google Doc outline of resources and recommendations
Thanks to our sponsor Web Publisher PRO.
Also, if you are a local, independent, digitally native news publication in the U.S. and Canada, tell us about your business so we can include you in our soon-to-be-launched public database, as part of our Project Oasis initiative.
LION is looking for coaches with experience in financial management and operations
Coaches will work with independent news businesses to strengthen their systems for managing risk and uncertainty.
LION is hiring a Data Systems Associate
We’re looking for a full-time Data Systems Associate to support LION’s daily operations.
Apply for the 2022 LION Publishers Local Journalism Awards
Apply by July 10 for recognition at the fourth-annual LION Awards, celebrated at the Independent News Sustainability Summit.