On Friday, April 3 we hosted a 60-minute Zoom call, “How to manage your local news business in the face of a pandemic,” led by media consultants Tim Griggs and Ryan Tuck. We wrote about three takeaways from the webinar, and Nieman Lab published this summary.
In this webinar you’ll learn about:
- Business scenario planning
- How to understand your financial standing
- Expense controls and revenue levers
- How to take advantage of the audience opportunity
- Inspiration from other local news publishers
Watch the talk and view the resources from the webinar below:
- You can view the slides from the presentation here
- Also read this Google Doc outline of resources and recommendations
Thanks to our sponsor Web Publisher PRO.
Also, if you are a local, independent, digitally native news publication in the U.S. and Canada, tell us about your business so we can include you in our soon-to-be-launched public database, as part of our Project Oasis initiative.
Adding more staff isn’t the only way to lessen your workload
Four insights we took away from analyzing 100 Sustainability Audits from independent news businesses.
Meet LION’s Fall 2023 Community Ambassadors
These independent news leaders will connect with other independent publishers across the U.S.
Introducing LION’s Stages of Sustainability
Our data-informed maturity model maps the growth path of independent news businesses.