On Friday, April 3 we hosted a 60-minute Zoom call, “How to manage your local news business in the face of a pandemic,” led by media consultants Tim Griggs and Ryan Tuck. We wrote about three takeaways from the webinar, and Nieman Lab published this summary.
In this webinar you’ll learn about:
- Business scenario planning
- How to understand your financial standing
- Expense controls and revenue levers
- How to take advantage of the audience opportunity
- Inspiration from other local news publishers
Watch the talk and view the resources from the webinar below:
- You can view the slides from the presentation here
- Also read this Google Doc outline of resources and recommendations
Thanks to our sponsor Web Publisher PRO.
Also, if you are a local, independent, digitally native news publication in the U.S. and Canada, tell us about your business so we can include you in our soon-to-be-launched public database, as part of our Project Oasis initiative.
Big news: LION’s Media Liability program expands to all US states
All 50 states available now, with Washington, D.C. coming October 1.
Introducing the 24 news businesses in our second Google News Initiative Startups Boot Camp
We’ll help these teams launch publications that directly meet their audience’s needs, particularly in underserved communities
Media Liability Insurance for LION Publishers Members
Details on what’s available and when it starts.