- Know and support LION’s mission, values, goals, policies, programs, and services.
- Stay abreast of the organization’s developing trends.
- Serve in leadership positions or undertake special assignments willingly when asked.
- Avoid prejudiced judgments on the basis of information received from individuals.
- Urge those with grievances to follow established policies and procedures.
- Suggest nominees for the Board.
- Speak on behalf of the organization only when asked to do so by the Board Chair
- Bring a sense of humor to the Board’s deliberations.
- Prepare for and participate in Board and committee meetings, and other organization activities.
- Support the majority decision of the Board.
- Maintain confidentiality of the Board’s regular meetings and executive sessions.
- Suggest agenda items periodically for Board and committee meetings to ensure that significant policy related matters are addressed.
- Disclose any possible conflicts to the Board Chair in a timely fashion.
- Be independent and objective. Form decisions based on a sense of fairness and personal integrity.
- Never accept or offer favors or gifts from or to anyone who does business with the organization.
- Ensure fiduciary responsibilities of the Board are responsibly met.
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements and otherwise help the Board fulfill its fiduciary responsibility.
- Give an annual, personal, cash gift according to personal means.
- Assist resource development by supporting fund raising and sponsorships through personal influence with others.