Preliminary schedule released for LION Summit
Planning to join us in Nashville? Well, if you are on the fence, the new preliminary schedule should help you
Planning to join us in Nashville? Well, if you are on the fence, the new preliminary schedule should help you make up your mind – you won’t want to miss our great lineup of keynotes, panels, workshops and more. And don’t forget our first annual LION Awards Show & Dinner! Thanks to our fantastic LION community for helping come up with most of these topics via the LION’s Den and the Call for Sessions form.
Here are some highlights from the schedule:
October 24 (Day 1):
- Workshops all day, including from Facebook and Google
- Workshop topics include sponsored content, sales techniques and more.
- Our Opening Night Reception.
October 25 (Day 2):
- Keynote conversation between Elizabeth Green (American Journalism Project, Chalkbeat) and LION Executive Director Chris Krewson
- State of Local News research by Michele McLellan
- Panels on collaboration, grant opportunities and diversifying revenue streams.
- Lightning Talks by innovators
- First annual LION Awards Show & Dinner!
October 26 (Day 3):
- Keynote conversation between Roxann Stafford (Knight-Lenfest Local News Transformation Fund) and LION Executive Director Chris Krewson
- Update on the Compass Experiment (Google/McClatchy project) by Mandy Jenkins
- Panels on paywalls, Civil and local news with a global perspective.
- Help plan and lead unconference sessions
- 30 Ideas in 30 Minutes
- Closing reception and karaoke!
Check out the entire preliminary schedule here.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter
Join the LION mailing list to get our weekly roundup of opportunities and resources for news entrepreneurs. View our most recent issues.
LION is Hiring a Membership Research Consultant (Canada)
Request for Qualifications Status: Independent contractorReporting to: Deputy Director Project Type: Short-term contract, with variable working hours,...
LION is Hiring a Membership Education Consultant (Canada)
This contractor will update and supplement LION’s educational offerings for Canadian publishers.
LION is hiring a Marketing Manager!
This team member will refine our editorial and marketing strategy to help us reach more independent, local news businesses