Planning to join us in Nashville? Well, if you are on the fence, the new preliminary schedule should help you make up your mind – you won’t want to miss our great lineup of keynotes, panels, workshops and more. And don’t forget our first annual LION Awards Show & Dinner! Thanks to our fantastic LION community for helping come up with most of these topics via the LION’s Den and the Call for Sessions form.
Here are some highlights from the schedule:
October 24 (Day 1):
- Workshops all day, including from Facebook and Google
- Workshop topics include sponsored content, sales techniques and more.
- Our Opening Night Reception.
October 25 (Day 2):
- Keynote conversation between Elizabeth Green (American Journalism Project, Chalkbeat) and LION Executive Director Chris Krewson
- State of Local News research by Michele McLellan
- Panels on collaboration, grant opportunities and diversifying revenue streams.
- Lightning Talks by innovators
- First annual LION Awards Show & Dinner!
October 26 (Day 3):
- Keynote conversation between Roxann Stafford (Knight-Lenfest Local News Transformation Fund) and LION Executive Director Chris Krewson
- Update on the Compass Experiment (Google/McClatchy project) by Mandy Jenkins
- Panels on paywalls, Civil and local news with a global perspective.
- Help plan and lead unconference sessions
- 30 Ideas in 30 Minutes
- Closing reception and karaoke!
Check out the entire preliminary schedule here.
What our independent news experts learned from auditing 75 news businesses
Takeaways from the LION-GNI Sustainability Audits and Funding program
How to measure and market your impact ft. Angie Cirone and Anjanette Delgado
A LION conversation about telling your newsroom’s story, hosted by Outlier Media executive director Candice Fortman.
3 fundraising myths that could be holding your news business back
How measuring and marketing your impact can help you make the most of fundraising season, even as a for–profit publisher.