Learn More About Journalism Entrepreneurship
To get a broad overview of the independent news industry, we recommend starting with our 2021 Project Oasis report and our more recently-updated database to learn more about the hundreds of news organizations across the U.S. and Canada and how this ecosystem is growing.
Here are other ways to learn about and get involved in this space.
- Sign up for our free industry newsletter that shares news, resources and opportunities for independent publishers.
- Hear conversations with independent publishers and industry experts on our News Guest podcast, hosted by Outlier Media executive director Candice Fortman.
- Request to join our News Entrepreneur Community on Slack to ask questions and listen in on conversations about the independent local news industry and what it takes to launch a news business.
- Go deep with our GNI Startups Playbook, published in partnership with the Google News Initiative, to better understand the process of starting an independent news publication.
- Read the latest news from LION to find out what we’re learning from LION members about their paths to sustainability and how we can best support them.