We know LION Publishers have done some amazing work over the past year. We want to recognize the best publishers, the best investigative work, the best business ideas – even the best vendors – at our inaugural LION Publishers Awards. But we can’t do that without your applications for the awards. If you haven’t applied yet, we are giving you an extension to August 12 at 11:59 pm EDT.
Here are the categories, and note that the ones in bold are especially in need of applications:
- Business Idea of the Year
- Technology Innovation of the Year (presented by Facebook)
- Investigative Report of the Year
- Solutions Journalism Project of the Year (presented by the Solutions Journalism Network with a $2000 grant!)
- Best Breaking News Coverage
- Best Coverage of Underserved Communities
- Best Visual Journalism Project
- The LION Service Award (for vendors only)
Imagine yourself on stage at the first ever LION Publishers Awards ceremony in Nashville. Imagine being recognized by your peers in an incredible setting. That dream can become reality – but only if you apply.
– Mark Glaser
Photo of lion by Tim Green via Flickr Creative Commons.