Want to launch a news startup? Here are some ways to get started.
LION Publishers (LION):
- Sign up for our weekly email for news entrepreneurs.
- Request to join our News Entrepreneurs Slack community.
- Apply to become a LION aspiring entrepreneur member, which includes benefits like members-only programming and a private community with other independent news entrepreneur members. Aspiring entrepreneur members only pay $50 for a yearlong membership, and after that year, can apply to become a LION member.
- Learn more about our Tiny News Collective initiative.
- Check out the graduates of our inaugural 2020 Google News Initiative Startups Boot Camp, and keep an eye out for 2021 applications.
Playbooks and Resources
- Read the INN Startup Guide
- Sign up for Indiegraf’s weekly newsletter.
- Playbook for Starting a Local Nonprofit News Outlet by News Revenue Hub/Shorenstein Center
- Sign up for INN Info Sessions for Startups
- Keep an eye out for applications for their Springboard program
- Keep an eye out for AAJA’s Catalyst program applications.
- Apply to the next cycle of the Entrepreneurial Journalism Creators Program